Friday, March 15, 2013

Trees & Roses

Back on November 11, 2012 I was the proud recipient of 4 free trees to plant on my property. 
 (left to right) Native Pecan, Persimmon, Live Oak, Cypress

The Persimmon was planted a few days after I received it but due to the winter weather setting in, I didn't plant anything else until recently. The Pecan was planted on February 28th, and so far it seems to be doing ok even though it's not even been a month yet. 

Our County Extension office held their annual plant sale so my Dad picked up a new breed of apple tree that was cultivated to grow in our area, called a Carnavale Apple. Meanwhile, instead of getting fresh cut roses for Valentine, my sweetie bought me a rose bush, Chicago Peace, that we can plant and enjoy season after season. Even though daylight was fading fast on us, we managed to get them planted back on the 18th of February. 

 10 days later we already have new growth on the top of the tree
 Mid way up the tree we have more new growth
 Lower branch with new growth
 
Here is the latest on the Chicago Peace Rose, Native Pecan, 
Carnavale Apple as of February 28th.

No comments:

Post a Comment