Friday, March 15, 2013

Seeds, Seeds & More Seeds

Wednesday I made a trip to Kroger for my grocery shopping. I had been needing to purchase or order my vegetable seeds but just haven't done it yet. Well , who would have thought that I would find Burpee brand seeds at the grocery store! I picked up a few packets and thought to myself that this morning seemed like a good time to start planting my garden seeds.
 
Using small disposable cups and some Miracle Grow soil, all the seeds were planted. I ended up with 53 cups in total. So far I have Roma & Big Boy tomatoes, Lettuce, Cilantro, Spinach, Yellow Crooked Neck Squash, Zucchini Squash, Jalapeno & Habanero peppers, Bell pepper, Cucumber & Blue Lake Green Beans. I still need to get my herbs, which I plan to do oregano, rosemary, basil and sage. I might even try my hand at lavender as that has always interested me. 
  
Since my seeds need to be in a lighted area yet the outdoor night temperatures still fluctuate I didn't want to take a chance of hurting the seeds growth, so I decided the best thing for them would be to keep them indoors in a well lit room. The best room for this turned out to be the guest bathroom. The light from the window is perfect and I can keep the light on at night if need be. It may be a little unconventional but whatever works! LOL

 
 
Things have officially been planted & given their first watering. I so can't wait until the first signs of life start poking through the soil. Next step....building my garden frame beds & prepping the soil. My compost is looking wonderful too!

No comments:

Post a Comment