Saturday, June 1, 2013

Growth & Harvest

Starting to harvest from the garden....this is what I picked last Sunday. 
We have tomatoes, zucchini and lots of red hot peppers. 
Then again on Thursday I picked more red hot peppers, a few banana peppers 
& a couple of cukes and zucchini.





Time to start harvesting the spinach
There's definitely salad being added to my menu!
My tomato bushes are really picking up now. 
There's a ton of flowers on them. 
Soon, we shall have roma & better boys.
Jalapenos are getting tall & starting to flower. 
Behind them is the cilantro, which the cukes are
trying to take over.
The cukes are producing! They're not the english or seedless variety, but I'm still going to use them for a myriad of recipes including Tatziki sauce. 
Cilantro & bell pepper plants
Cucumbers everywhere
Tomato flowers...aren't they beautiful

Red hot peppers
Lovely tomatoes
The Persimmon tree is loaded with leaves. 
I can't wait until it starts producing.



Whenever I walk by the Sweet mint & Peppermint, 
I am greeted by the most awesome fragrances.
The wind has really tried to take it's toll on the young grafting on the 
Pecan tree, but with lots of work & prayer, it's staying strong!
The freeze tried to kill my tropical plant. 
I'm not sure of the exact name of it, 
but it is definitely coming back with a vengeance. 
I am so happy as this plant has special, sentimental meaning to me.
Banana peppers
Heirloom tomato
'Sugary' of grape tomatoes
This jalapeno has surprised me. I planted it in a pot 2 years ago & 
it has kept coming back...and producing! 
It was battered by the hail storm, survived the winter freeze and 
yet it still is blessing me with peppers.
'Red Robin' cherry tomatoes
More heirlooms....

Banana peppers

I love the beautiful flowers of the Lavender plant
My Rosemary & Oregano that were Easter gifts from family

No comments:

Post a Comment