Sunday, June 30, 2013

Farmer's Market Finds & Harvesting

This morning my parents and I went to the local farmer's market. My main goal was to pick up some goat cheese but when I read that a particular vendor would be there with fig trees, I knew I had to add that to my list. We got there early in order to get the best pick on things, and boy am I glad I did. I was able to get 3 fig trees, some olive oil soap, rejuvenating lotion, green tomatoes, fresh figs, garden humus & blueberry kombucha...it was definitely a good morning at the market. Unfortunately, the goat cheese vendor was running late so I wasn't able to stay until they arrived. There's always next week though! 

So here are my beautiful fig trees....
 
 
Later this afternoon I went out to harvest in the garden. I still need to pick my herbs and lettuce, but here is a snippet of today's goodies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment